Friday, March 7, 2014

My Mistake

Eloquent. Readers who enjoy fine writing will find plenty in Daniel Menaker’s memoir, My Mistake. His sentences are composed perfectly in what appears effortless. Always choosing just the right word (which I appreciated even more with the half dozen I looked up), Menaker offers a light touch that kept me engaged and entertained from beginning to end. He finds a way to be witty even when discussing illness and death. His introspection comes across as self-deprecating as reflected in the title. Having spent decades working at The New Yorker then at publishing houses, Menaker offers a front row view of aspects of life in literary New York. I found his eloquence delightful to read. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase My Mistake from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment