Friday, March 7, 2014

The Baby Boom: How It Got That Way (And It Wasn’t My Fault) (And I’ll Never Do It Again)

Boring. I usually enjoy P.J. O’Rourke’s humor, and I anticipated finding plenty of it in his latest book, The Baby Boom: How It Got That Way (And It Wasn’t My Fault) (And I’ll Never Do It Again). I was surprised at how boring I found this book. His writing was more didactic than usual, and his attempts at being clever fell flat often. Read a sample before committing to this book. Chances are if you find the selection engaging and interesting, you’re likely to enjoy the entire book. I struggled through this short book to the end, hoping that the O’Rourke writing I’ve loved would begin to shine, but kept finding more misfires than bulls-eyes. Rating: Two-star (I didn’t like it) Click here to purchase The Baby Boom from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment