Friday, May 9, 2014

Tempting Fate

Selfish. Have you ever taken a wrong turn while driving and decided to keep going to see where the road leads? I certainly have, with mixed results. After a dozen or so pages into reading Jane Green’s novel, Tempting Fate, I realized my wrong turn. I confused this author with Jane Casey, whose crime fiction I’ve enjoyed. Instead, I stumbled onto this popular novel often classified as chick-lit. Instead of accepting my error and tossing the book aside, I kept reading, curious about a genre that I don’t pursue intentionally. What I found was an unappealing protagonist, Gabby, whose selfishness causes her life to turn upside down. She risks her twenty year marriage and faces consequences. Now that I’ve taken this road once, I know a little more than I did before about this genre. I may not travel this road often, but I found it more engaging than I expected. Rating: Three-star (It’s ok) Click here to purchase Tempting Fate from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment