Friday, July 8, 2016

Bucky F*cking Dent

Character. I had low expectations when I picked up a copy of David Duchovny’s novel titled, Bucky F*cking Dent. Having known Duchonvy as an actor, I didn’t know much about his skills as a writer. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the writing as well as the abundant literary references. This well-educated and multi-talented person has written a very good novel. At the core of the novel there is a father-son relationship with two complex and interesting characters. Perfect for this time of year, there is baseball. Duchonvy explores love, loss, loyalty and perseverance in ways that were both light and deep at the same time. Three hundred pages can be turned with pleasure over the course of about as much time as one would spend at a baseball game. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Bucky F*cking Dent from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment