Friday, July 8, 2016

The Second Life of Nick Mason

Compromised. Just when I thought I had read every possible plot for a crime novel, along comes Steve Hamilton and his novel titled, The Second Life of Nick Mason, first in a series. An imprisoned crime boss, Darius Cole, selects inmate Nick Mason for special treatment. Cole offers Mason a deal: get out of prison twenty years early, and do what I want you to do on the streets of Chicago. Mason agrees and once compromised finds himself doing things that he wants to stop. The fast pace of the novel seems best suited for the screen rather than the page, especially as Mason wrecks multiple restored classic cars while carrying out Cole’s commands. Fans of crime novels are those most likely to enjoy reading this one and may join me in looking forward to the next installment. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Second Life of Nick Mason from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment