Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Grant

Vulnerable. Some United States Presidents are so well-known that a contemporary biography can easily be passed over by readers. I thought I knew a lot about U.S. Grant, but thanks to reading Ron Chernow's fine biography titled, Grant, I have a widely expanded base of knowledge and deeper respect for this complicated and complex individual. Thanks to Chernow, I have a new appreciation of how a great military strategist could be conned and taken advantage of. He was vulnerable to the machinations of others off the field of battle. Grant was guileless and that's a rare trait in a successful politician, especially one who won two presidential terms of office. Any reader interested in American history will love reading this complete biography of a great United States President. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase Grant from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment