Tuesday, September 22, 2020

I Hold a Wolf by the Ears

Unhinged. I restricted myself to one story per day while I read the collection of eleven short stories by Laura van den Berg titled, I Hold a Wolf by the Ears. I often took a walk after finishing the story of the day, and found myself often agitated, or somewhat unhinged like many of the characters in this collection. Walking off the story cleared my brain. Van den Berg strips away everything from these characters except close examination of their fears. After we see these fears, and feel some part of the pain of suffering, something changes and we observe what’s beautiful and see life transformed. There’s no easy way out of tough stuff for any of us. With van den Berg as a guide, we somehow get through the tough part and come out with strength ready for another day. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase I Hold a Wolf by the Ears from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment