Saturday, November 6, 2021

1979

Allie. I’m often reluctant to open the first novel in a planned series, since I know that if I like it, there will be a larger queue building of books I will want to read in the future. Once I picked up Val McDermid’s novel titled, 1979, and met protagonist and journalist Allie Burns, I knew I would read all future installments. Allie is the rare woman working for Scotland’s daily newspaper, The Clarion. McDermid describes life in Scotland in 1979 with great skill, and we watch Allie hold her own as she investigates stories and finds comfort at work and in life. Fans of crime fiction are those readers most likely to appreciate the character and plot development in this novel. I’m already wondering what Allie will do next. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase 1979 from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment