Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Always Watching

Cult. The protagonist of Chevy Stevens’ novel, Always Watching, is the quintessential wounded healer: a psychiatrist with unresolved issues of her own. Dr. Nadine Lavoie begins to treat a patient who came under the influence of the same cult leader who hurt Nadine. The novel’s plot moves rapidly through Nadine’s desire to help Nadine and ensure justice is done. Stevens crossed the line into melodrama too much for my taste. While I enjoyed the fast-paced action, my willing suspension of disbelief was strained by Nadine’s lack of professional boundaries and the plot action that bordered on the absurd. The characters were incompletely developed, and by midway through the novel, I found myself not caring much about what happened to any of them. Read a sample before you get involved in this novel and the cult. Rating: Three-star (It’s ok) Click here to purchase Always Watching from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment