Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Montaro Caine

Coins. There’s an imaginative story buried inside Sidney Poitier’s novel, Montaro Caine. The problem I had with the book was trying to enjoy that story while suffering through poorly written prose. Dialogue was weak, characters poorly developed, and the plot momentum was erratic. If you think that a story about mysterious coins that may help our civilization is appealing, read a sample of this novel before plunging in. I learned a valuable lesson about myself from reading this book: I’m more likely to stick with an ebook that I’m not enjoying than I am a print book. I had nothing to throw across the room in frustration, so I kept swiping pages until it was finished. Rating: Two-star (I don’t like it) Click here to purchase Montaro Caine from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment