Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The View from Penthouse B

Demographic. Every now and then my eclectic reading has me stuck inside a book that is targeted at someone very different from me. Sometimes, I just stop reading. For some reason, I finished Elinor Lipman’s novel, The View from Penthouse B, even though I retained the feeling throughout that the book was written for the audience of women over 50. While I was mildly entertained by the novel, I never felt that the characters became fully formed. While Lipman throws big challenges at the protagonists, they respond in ways that were predictable and simplistic. If you’re inside the target demographic for this novel, you may want to read a selection to see if you might like it. Rating: Three-star (It’s ok) Click here to purchase The View from Penthouse B from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment