Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Nothing Is Wrong and Here Is Why

Poignant. The voice of Alexandra Petri as a political satirist finds that sweet spot for me: crisp, funny and poignant. In her collection of essays titled, Nothing Is Wrong and Here is Why, the range of her skills can be observed in their fullness. Some of the essays are new, and many are adapted from her column in The Washington Post. Whenever something comes out of the White House that can send me into a rage, I know I can count on Petri’s next column to express a reaction far better than my feeble responses. Our finest writers, like Petri, find ways to help thoughtful people make sense out of the garbled nonsense what we often see and hear. This essay collection provides an abundance of that good sense.

 

Rating: Four-star (I like it)

Click here to purchase Nothing Is Wrong and Here is Why from amazon.com.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment