Saturday, October 18, 2014

Lost for Words

Incomparable. I expected that I would be bored by Edward St. Aubyn’s witty novel titled, Lost for Words. I expected that a satiric novel about a book award would be too much inside baseball for me to endure. Instead, St. Aubyn’s finely written prose hooked me at once, and his development of interesting characters roped me in for a pleasant reading experience. When I finished the novel, I realized that St. Aubyn provided an important message. We create literary prizes that do the impossible: they compare works of art that are truly incomparable. Those involved in judgments often have conflicting agendas. Fans of good writing are those most likely to enjoy this witty novel. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Lost for Words from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment