Friday, November 21, 2014

How to Speak Money: What the Money People Say--And What It Really Means

Tools. I expected to skim John Lanchester’s book titled, How to Speak Money: What the Money People Say--And What It Really Means. I’ve been involved in finance for four decades and know the terminology that Lanchester explains in clear prose in this finely written book. Instead of skimming, I read the book from cover to cover, including the complete lexicon that comprises two-thirds of the text. Thanks to Lanchester’s fine writing, I was delighted by his lighthearted and accurate presentation of the terms used by those in finance. I was amused by how many terms he defines as “another way of saying ‘sacking people’.” When I came to “onions,” I laughed out loud. Lanchester wrote this book to provide tools to non-finance people to understand the arcane terms used with ease by those in finance. Non-finance readers should love this book, and insiders may also find a lot both to learn and to enjoy from this finely written book. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase How to Speak Money from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment