Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Assassination of Margaret Thatcher

Delightful. While I loved reading Hilary Mantel’s long and intricate historical novels, I didn’t know what to expect from a collection of ten short stories titled after one of them, The Assassination of Margaret Thatcher. A few pages in, I had the image: here’s Mantel tossing off great writing as a sweet break from her longer writing. I found my eyes bulging during some of these stories, as I chuckled my way through others. I’m more impressed than ever at her versatility and the breadth of her writing skills. Any fan of short fiction will find a lot to enjoy in this collection, and book lovers who attend author readings will laugh at what that can be like from this author’s hilarious point of view. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase The Assassination of Margaret Thatcher from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment