Friday, November 7, 2014

The Meaning of Human Existence

Teacher. Our best teachers find ways to take their observations and extensive study and condense and communicate it to us in ways that we can think for ourselves and gain greater understanding. Edward O. Wilson is a very fine teacher, and the synthesis he offers in his book, The Meaning of Human Existence, will lead most readers to much thought and reflection. After finishing this book, I’ve been thinking about the interplay of science and the humanities and the importance of each to our lives. Very often while reading this book, I found myself captivated by the simplicity of his language, and at other times, I was frustrated by why he chose to pursue a particular line of exposition. Like all teachers, Wilson has strengths and weaknesses, and I found the strengths were reason enough to listen to what he has to say. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Meaning of Human Existence from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment