Friday, June 24, 2016

Imagine Me Gone

Invisibility. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Adam Haslett’s novel titled, Imagine Me Gone, and I am hesitant to say why. If I say the subject matter explores mental illness, you might be inclined to take a pass. If I say that the novel deals with the primacy of family love over everything else, you might be inclined to think you’ve read this story before, and often enough. If I tell you the writing is superb, you might not care. So here’s my pitch: there are five interesting narrators in this novel; mental illness is often shunted to the sidelines or ignored as long as it remains out of sight; and one of these narrators could well be someone just like you. Mental illness is present among lots of families, perhaps yours. Fine writing can lead us to insights about ourselves. This novel is finely written, packed with insights, and makes visible something well worth seeing. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase Imagine Me Gone from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment