Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Bertie Project

Developments. For those times when I have only a few minutes to read, I can count on Alexander McCall Smith’s 44 Scotland Street series to give me exactly what I need: a brief escape. The latest collection of installments in this series that is serialized in The Scotsman is titled, The Bertie Project. Irene is back from the Middle East which means the happy days for Bertie, his brother, Ulysses, and their father, Stuart, have come to an abrupt end. Neighbor Bruce has a new love interest. Matthew and Elspeth face a crisis with the triplets. Big Lou is back along with the usual extended cast of characters, for whom developments proceed at a moderate pace, leaving this reader and others patiently waiting for more installments. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Bertie Project from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment