Thursday, March 25, 2021

Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Murder

Coffee. Fans of cozy mysteries are those readers most likely to enjoy the series by Joanne Fluke set in Wisconsin featuring baker Hannah Swensen. In this latest installment, a novel titled, Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Murder, the familiar formula is carried out like a favorite recipe. There’s lots of baking followed by massive consumption of sweet treats by a large cast of recurring characters. There’s a murder that Hannah solves, of course. Every chapter provides recipes for the sweet treats that are made as the novel progresses. It might just be me, but a difference I noted in this novel was the volume of coffee that the characters guzzle. I've yet to bake any of the treats in these novels and have begun to think of this series as camp. I’m entertained mildly, even as I roll my eyes. Rating: Three-star (It’s ok) Click here to purchase Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Murder from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment