Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Dearly

Focus. I reflected not long ago that I wasn’t reading as much poetry as I’d like, so considering that April is National Poetry Month, I increased my focus. One of the collections I loved is by Margaret Atwood and is titled, Dearly. The wide range of themes is this collection demanded that I read one poem per sitting, and that worked just fine. It allowed me time to read the same poem two or three times and then think about it before reading another. I will not stake a position on how Atwood’s poetry compares with her longer fiction. I will say with clarity that these poems are a delight and should satisfy every reader who enjoys contemporary poetry. Atwood is a close observer of us and our world, and her focus in these poems captures what is important and essential in who and where we are. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Dearly from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment