Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Extraterrestrial: The First Sign of Intelligent Life Beyond Earth

Astrophysics. Every time I read a good science book, I think fondly of those college friends who, unlike me, majored in physics and were compelled to take the mandatory 8am Saturday class with the head of the department. While I slept in until closer to lunch, these friends were learning laws of physics that have since been disproven, while I continue to enjoy a good night’s sleep. With that fondness, I was enraptured when I read Avi Loeb’s book titled, Extraterrestrial: The First Sign of Intelligent Life Beyond Earth. Holy cow! Somehow I did not pay attention to what happened in 2017 when scientists observed an anomaly passing through our solar system that points toward its origin in a distant alien civilization. Was this not a page one story? Did I miss the PBS Newshour story? In case you missed this story as well, Loeb’s book offers critical thinking that supports the view that what was observed has implications and consequences that requires more thought and study. Nerd out. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase Extraterrestrial from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment