Thursday, April 22, 2021

The Appointment

Identity. Katharina Volckmer structures her debut novel titled, The Appointment, as a monologue by a female narrator during a medical appointment with Dr. Seligman. We are entertained and shocked as we listen to her struggle to become herself. I found myself laughing, then becoming a bit unmoored. I felt hopeful then stunningly pessimistic. As the monologue progressed, I felt the narrator’s unburdening, and also felt that I was picking up some of that burden and taking it on myself. While Dr. Seligman was toiling away, I wondered whether only readers were left listening. Readers looking for a quirky and inventive short novel should consider reading this one. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase The Appointment from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment