Thursday, August 19, 2021

Landslide: The Final Days of the Trump Presidency

Repetition. I was hesitant to read Michael Wolff’s third book about the Trump presidency titled, Landslide: The Final Days of the Trump Presidency. The two earlier books just seemed to dish dirt, and I didn’t want to waste time spent in the muck. In a weak moment, I picked up this third offering, and I’m glad I did. Thanks to his many sources, Wolff helps us understand what happened during the time from the presidential election on November 3, 2020, and the peaceful transition of power on January 20, 2021. Thanks to this book, I finally understood the core of the Trump schtick: repeat something continuously and sooner or later a lot of people will believe that it is true. While there’s still plenty of dirt dishing in this book, there’s also insight into how close we came to a crisis because of the unrelenting repetition of lies and the pressure to do what Trump wanted done. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Landslide from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment