Thursday, August 26, 2021

The Reckoning: Our Nation's Trauma and Finding a Way to Heal

Ranting. I learned some things about the Trump family last year when I read Mary Trump’s book titled, Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man. Mary Trump is back with a book titled, The Reckoning: Our Nation's Trauma and Finding a Way to Heal, and I finished reading it and felt I hadn’t really learned anything, and that I spent too long listening to someone’s rant. While she brought an insider’s perspective to the first book, in the current one her voice has as much expertise as one can hear from any stool in the neighborhood bar. She diagnoses the state of America as being in trauma, and that may be true, but I couldn’t see what evidence she provides to support that diagnosis. I think of trauma as an individual thing, not societal, so I was curious to hear what she had to say. I’ve heard. Next. Rating: Two-star (I didn’t like it) Click here to purchase The Reckoning from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment