Thursday, August 19, 2021

Pappyland: A Story of Family, Fine Bourbon, and the Things That Last

Homesick. I’m sorry to report that I had consumed the last two fingers of Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve in my only bottle of this prized bourbon weeks before I read Wright Thompson’s book titled, Pappyland: A Story of Family, Fine Bourbon, and the Things That Last. Thompson presents the story of Julian Van Winkle III, the third-generation head of the family’s bourbon business. Like Julian, I found myself homesick for the taste I tried hard to remember of this special drink. What Julian did about it was to try his very best to replicate the taste as he remembered it from the produce distilled during his grandfather’s time. You don’t have to be a bourbon lover to enjoy this book, because thanks to Thompson’s fine writing, the incorporation of himself in the story, and his relationship with Julian, this book speaks to any reader about home and family and that sweet taste that we want to endure. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Pappyland from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment