Friday, September 13, 2019

I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening): A Guide to Grace-Filled Political Conversations

Nuance. Political differences can divide families, churches, workplaces, and neighbors. Polarization has led many of us toward tribalism and to using shorthand that concludes that my team is all good and the other team is all bad. As a balm to heal any wounds from this polarization and a guide to moving ahead, consider reading a finely written and practical book by Sarah Holland (from the left) and Beth Silvers (from the right) titled, I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening): A Guide to Grace-Filled Political Conversations. Drawn on their personal relationship in exploring areas of difference on their weekly podcast, Pantsuit Politics. Holland and Silvers recognize that issues are often nuanced and can’t be summarized in a talking point. When we respect others, we listen to them, and when we choose to be gentle and patient, good things follow. The status quo in polarization is creating strangers and we can do better. When we listen and find values we hold in common, we can move beyond the divisions toward healing and acting in ways that serve the common good. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase I Think You’re Wrong from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment