Tuesday, September 24, 2019

The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row

Inspiring. A friend couldn’t believe that I hadn’t read Anthony Ray Hinton’s memoir titled, The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life, Freedom, and Justice, so I picked up this inspiring story and am glad I did. Hinton describes his life as a poor black man in the South who finds himself sentenced to death. How he finds hope from that dark place, and how three decades of incarceration transformed his life and the lives of a community of inmates, occupies much of the narrative. By the time he achieves justice for his mistaken imprisonment, most readers will share Hinton’s joy and feel renewed hope in the hope and endurance of the individual human spirit. Rating: Five-star (I love it) Click here to purchase The Sun Does Shine from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment