Friday, September 13, 2019

Sea Stories: My Life in Special Operations

Iterative. Retired US Navy Admiral William H. McRaven has written a terrific book titled, Sea Stories: My Life in Special Operations, about the thirty-seven years he served as a Navy SEAL. Each anecdote builds on the prior one in some form or another, supporting the iterative process of building on past experience. I recall talking to one of my bosses many years ago who was apprehensive about an important meeting. I calmed him with the reminder that all kinds of experiences brought him toward this meeting, and he is as prepared as he could possibly be. McRaven’s life was one layer of experiences built on another, and by the time a reader reaches the story of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, we know how he will approach this mission. Most readers will finish this book offering thanks to McRaven and the thousands of others whose valuable service deserves recognition and gratitude. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase Sea Stories from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment