Tuesday, September 24, 2019

This Poison Will Remain

Recluses. What was I thinking? I’m usually reluctant to pick up a crime novel by a prolific writer I’ve overlooked out of fear that I may add yet one more series to my reading queue. I read a review of French novelist Fred Vargas’ ninth Commissaire Adamsberg series, a book titled, This Poison Will Remain, and I decided to read it. I was pulled into this gripping story of revenge and justice populated with two different recluses: the spider variety and a nun. Adamsberg is a detective in the tradition of the greats: overflowing with instinct; respectful of his team; and a detective who follows a meandering path until he achieves resolution. Now that I’ve been bitten by Vargas with this novel, I’ll be on the lookout for her next installment in this series. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase This Poison Will Remain from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment