Tuesday, June 27, 2017

I Contain Multitudes: The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life

Guts. I pay very little attention to science journalism, so occasionally I like to read a book that will explain something about science to me. Timing can be everything in life, so it was with some irony that I read Ed Yong’s book titled, I Contain Multitudes: The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life, while I was preparing for a routine colonoscopy. While I flushed away many of the microbes in my body, I learned lots of new things about them, and couldn’t wait for the procedure to end, so I could rebuild my personal microbiome. Whether your gut is filling or emptying, consider filling your mind with some of the latest scientific insight into the invisible world of microbes. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase I Contain Multitudes from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment