Tuesday, June 27, 2017

My Life with Bob: Flawed Heroine Keeps Book of Books, Plot Ensues

Heartfelt. I’ve been listening to New York Times Book Review editor Pamela Paul on the NYT books podcast for a long time, so when I heard she wrote a memoir about her reading life, I knew I would read it. Titled, My Life with Bob: Flawed Heroine Keeps Book of Books, Plot Ensues, this is a candid memoir, written with lively prose, that uses the story of her Book of Books (Bob) as a way to talk about her life. I think book clubs might find this selection will stimulate discussion and reminiscence about books read and lives lived. Paul tells a heartfelt and personal story with lightness and humor and I read it quickly, not at all anxious that while I was reading this book I was not reading something else. Rating: Four-star (I like it) Click here to purchase My Life with Bob from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment